Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blu Anchor Business Card Designs

I am in the process of getting my business license and I needed to brainstorm when it came to the particular "look" of my business logo. I wanted something strong, memorable, and most importantly, accessible. What I mean when I say accessible is that, something that can be utilized on many different products by the Blu Anchor brand.

To most who don't know, I served the Coast Guard for 6 years and I had the opportunity to meet some really great people. One of the most wonderful people that I met, was my husband of 7 1/2 years Brian. He is currently stationed on the Coast Guard Cutter Elderberry here in Petersburg, Alaska. Though we "sail" from place to place around this great country, we both feel deeply connected to the sea. This is where the name Blu Anchor comes from.

The anchor symbolizes stability and strength, while the heart symbolizes our love of the sea. Blu, is for the "blue" uniform that I wore and Brian currently wears protecting the coast of this great country.

It means a lot to not only me, but to all Coasties currently serving in the Coast Guard, that they are recognized as a strong and steadfast bunch. What a great group of people! Though I do miss serving, I am happy to say that I did.

Here is the design that I went with:






No comments:

Post a Comment